Course Start Date
November 1st 2023
Redhat Certified Professional
Sparken's all-inclusive Advanced Linux and Web Hosting Course will give you a comprehensive knowledge and working understanding of the world’s most popular open-source OS. The course is designed for anyone with fundamental knowledge of programming and code.
In this course, you will learn how to install, configure, and maintain enterprise Linux systems in a networked environment.
- 24X7 Access: You can view lectures as per your own convenience.
- Fully Online training: The course is completely taught online
- Up-to-date Quality content: Content content is framed within the latest industry standards and gets updated regularly.
- ‘Working professional’ trainers. Our trainers are working professionals in the IT industry with multiple years of experience in leading MNCs.
This course is perfect for:
Students: All students who are enrolled in professional graduate or postgraduate computer science or information technology courses.
Graduates: Anyone who has completed a professional Engineering and BSc degree and wants additional skills for Jobs or higher education.
Faculty: All professors and lecturers in computer science and IT stream who wants additional Linux training.
Working Professionals: All IT professionals who want to Upskill and earn promotions.
Course Duration - 45 Days
Linux Administration Bootcamp (Beginner Level) is a part of Sparken’s Linux Administration Training and is designed for individuals who have little or no prior experience with Linux operating systems. This bootcamp aims to provide a solid foundation in Linux administration by covering various topics such as history of Linux, basic concepts of operating systems, kernel and shell, Linux installation, booting process, troubleshooting issues, and understanding the terminal.
It is a comprehensive online training program that covers all the fundamental concepts of the Linux operating system through an easy-to-follow curriculum. The course duration is 45 days, and teaching is completely remote. Participants can access course material from anywhere in the world.
Linux Administration Bootcamp (Beginner Level) is an excellent starting point for individuals who want to learn how to manage Linux systems and gain practical experience with Linux administration tools and techniques. Once you have got a solid foundation, you can move on to our advanced Linux modules.
Linux Administration Bootcamp tasks that are covered include:
- Introduction to Unix & Linux
- History of Linux
- Basic Concepts of Operating Systems, Kernel and shell
- Linux installation
- Booting process
- Troubleshooting issues
- Understanding Terminal
- Linux filesystem hierarchy
- Basic Commands of Linux
- Understanding Vim and vi
- Hard link and Soft link
- Create new user account
- Manage user account
- Manage groups
- Switch users and give privileges
- Password policy
- Create, manage, and delete local users and groups
- Understand file and directory permissions
- Special permissions
- Default permissions
- Access Control List
- Change ownership of file and directory
- Understanding /var/log
- Capturing important events with journalctl
- Troubleshooting issues using log
- NTP configuration
- Connect two machines using SSH
- Passwordless authentication
- Ssh port changing
- Ssh Vs Telnet
- Archive and compress files
- tar command
- Data transfer using scp,sftp,rsync
- Process life cycle
- Examining the /proc file system
- Signaling processes with kill and pkill
- What is shell and common shells
- Some Bash commands
- Control structures
- Conditional execution
- Installing software with Red Hat Package Manager (RPM)
- Resolving dependency issues with yum
- Repository creation
- Installing new disks
- Creating new partitions
- Mount newly created partition
- Swap Partition
- Logical Volume Management
- Extending LVM
- Linux Networking
- Setting IPV4 configuration and subnetting
- IPV6 Connectivity
- Configure the basic firewall using “firewalld-cmd”.
- Managing SELinux Security
- Basics of Se-Linux permissions and Context Transitions.
- Display Current Se-Linux Modes. Correctly Interpret the Se-Linux Context of a File.
- What is grep command
- Find command and its various options
- Locate command
- Steps for recover root password
Outcome of the course
- Review Linux as an operating system.
- Get fundamental understanding of using Linux.
- Use the Linux command line to handle several tasks at once.
- Compare the differences between Linux servers and desktops.
- Show how to navigate between directories to obtain and change files and scripts.
- On Linux-based platforms, users will be able to create groups.
- Utilizing a widely used scripting language in Linux to demonstrate numerous cyber security network scanning approaches.
- Implement Linux in a virtual environment.
- Improve your aptitude by engaging in independent and creative study.
- You will receive 110% job guarantee and 100% placement support after successfully completing the course.
Test and evaluation
- After each module, there will be a review test.
- You will have a final exam in multiple-choice format.
- Your final test results and homework assignments will be taken into account for final evaluation.
- A certificate of completion will be given to every successful participant.
- Students who drop out of the course or stop taking it in the middle will not receive a certificate.